Monday, October 12, 2009

blogs + classroom

Looking at all the teachers blog sites that I added on my google reader (teachers from grades k-6) I have found lots of ideas and new and interesting ways of doing things that I had not know before. One of the teachers who teaches second grade has a very detailed list of what the students do each day within the classroom. So she starts off saying what was done, what was sent home to be brought back the next day, and what is coming up for assignments as well as school wide activities. I think that is a really great way to save paper for one, and also keep the parents informed of everything that is going on in the classroom via the Internet. I know as a teacher I am going to be having a lot of parents asking questions, complaining, etc. Doing something like that I think really relieves some of that pressure that parents can sometimes provide on the child for due dates and bringing things home etc. By having the blog postings, it just states exactly what is due when and what is going on. It also allows problems to be resolved sooner than later. This teacher also included things that were going on within the school and outside of her classroom (ice cream socials, etc.) Also a spelling list for the week. I am just so AMAZED at this teachers organization and time spent on doing this for her students and their parents. It really brings the classroom together and keeps things up to date. I love it! Technology is such a great tool to be used every single day within the classroom and this is just another example. I hope to follow in this teachers footsteps and be able to do what she is doing with her blog and classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment