Thursday, April 30, 2009

reflections

Well, I have finished my final project and I must say, I feel like I have learned so much. I had seen a few specials on television on transgender and stuff like that. I watched things about the pregnant man, but I never really understood how they "got that way" or why some people felt that way and some didn't. After reading the books I choose and reading the article, I feel so much more knowledgeable about this topic. I just understand now what they go through and how they become transgender. They frankly are born that way. Outside a certain sex and inside a different one. I could not imagine what it must feel like being born in the wrong body. I would say that if I could experience it for a day, I am not sure if I would want to simply because I think it would be so hard to deal with. I really have a different outlook on those who are transgender and everyone included in the LGBTQ community. Especially with all these recent deaths for those who felt they could not be themselves, this just really shows how important it is for everyone to accept everyone else, no matter if you don't agree with their "choices" or what they do, they are human just like us all and everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with respect. I hope my project will be interesting to others and I hope that those can learn like I did from what I have read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment