Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hello!

Hi everyone. I created this blog account for my TE 448 class. I have never had a blog before, so I am interested to see how this will play out over this semester. I am a junior at Michigan State University. Going into elementary education with a specialty in language arts. I find literature very interesting. Reading and writing is a part of just about every aspect of your life. Literacy starts from the second you speak your first word. I feel that literacy is very important to our students and especially diverse literature. Knowing and growing in the knowledge of those different from you or your culture is crucial to a successful school career. Personally, knowing of other cultures and being interested and learning about them has helped me see who I really am and what I want to do with my life. There are always ways to learn and explore other cultures and what diversity is. I enjoy learning about others lives and different people. I love asking questions and learning about others and I feel diverse literature should be apart of every classroom. Reading takes children anywhere they want to go. Diverse Literature takes them anywhere they want to go, while they learn how others got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment