Monday, November 23, 2009

PLN learning

During the course of this class I have learned a lot about a personal learning network. I have learned to put myself out there through different mediums and in return sometimes get some feedback. I enjoy the blogs and think they are a great way to discuss your personal feelings on topics and a great way to get ideas from other people in the same field as you. I have this blog, the webpage, google reader, and gmail. I also have a facebook and a twitter. This things are mediums in which it is great to network with other students my age, as well as meeting people who are already teachers and administrators in the job. I like using twitter a lot. I have found many different people to follow, and have people to follow me. Through this I have seen other peoples updates and interesting things going on or just information that is useful which has helped me expand my horizons and be able to put myself out there. I have a personal webpage through MSU but I would like to make a different one or just expand the webpage that I have right now through Google. I think this would be a great way to start a portfolio and be able to use for interviews when I am applying for jobs. I would like to do this so I could put on there lesson plans I have done and information about me, what my accomplishes are and things like that. I have not had any big problems with the PLN. I think it is just a great medium for establishing yourself in the Internet world. Company's and people who hire you are almost always going to "Google" you or go on your facebook to make sure that you are who you say you are and you are a good person. Having a PLN say for a web page, gives them one place to go with all your information that they need or want to look at. I think this is a good part to add to this class, because even if it is not something that you are really interested in it makes you explore it anyways and then you may change your mind and come back and use it in the future. Overall I have had a good experience establishing my PLN and am glad you brought it into the course. I think that you should continue to keep it in the course so more people can establish their own PLN and also I am going to be able to use this in the future, or at least some of the information I have learned in how to establish a PLN for my future teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment