Wednesday, September 23, 2009

creative commons image and post


I believe that a great way to incorporate images into the classroom is to just add images about what you are teaching for explaining. I think it is important for students to be able to create their own images in their head when reading a story or using their imagination. I also think it is important to provide images to students to help them understand things and feel good about what they are learning. I think certain images that are important in the classroom are positive posters, images that provide encouragement to students as they are learning during the school day. To incorporate images into the curriculum that I will be teaching would be to pair images with things we are doing, again. So for example when talking about a history lesson or something within in social studies, provide an image of what is happening or ask the students to brainstorm and draw what they think the image would present. I have found an image that I feel would be beneficial to have in the classroom, a positive image that encourages students to feel good about themselves and think about others. I feel this would be positive for the students to look at each day of school. This image is a poster from a company called The Equality and Diversity Shop Ltd. They sell posters, books and other images for classrooms to provide positive feedback to the students. I found this image by searching the Creative Commons website and this image was something that was licensed to be able to use within a blog post such as this. This image came from the website of http://tedsonline.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=27_1_12





Candice's Photobucket page


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you on the importance of incorporating images into lessons and classrooms. I've taken a few classes on teaching English to students of other languages and a major point addressed was how valuable pictures, posters, images, etc. are in helping EVERY student, not just the the English speaking ones, understand what is being asked of them. I saw a great idea that I was utilized in a second grade classroom.

    The teacher was doing a social studies unit on Christopher Columbus and she read a short story to the class as a group and, long story short, she had the class creat posters representing what they found most significant regarding Columbus and the issues they discussed. It was a great way to assess comprehension as well as allow creativity to flourish :)

    ReplyDelete